• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nightjet booking open for cash but not interrail

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanG

Hi All

I am looking at booking a Brussels - Vienna Nightjet next February. The date/train in question is available to book if I am a full fare paying passenger (eg ticket + reservation), but I am unable to make a reservation on the OBB website when I select an Interrail Pass as a discount. Other NJ routes are fine to book with an interrail pass (eg Zurich-Hamburg)

Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rvdborgt

What's your travel date?
NJ don't have pass holder quota. Did you use the "One-way tickets" option after adding the discount? "Seat reservation only" doesn't work for NJ.

SeanG

What's your travel date?
NJ don't have pass holder quota. Did you use the "One-way tickets" option after adding the discount? "Seat reservation only" doesn't work for NJ.
Thursday 15th Feb
I just used the standard booking for a one way journey

Nunners

When looking at the full fare (non-interrail) ticket, does it come up as a Sparscheine (Austrian equivalent of an advance) or a Comfort ticket?

The interrail reservation is implemented as a discount on the Comfort ticket so if only Sparscheine are available for some reason that would explain it.

Attached photo shows fare options for a NightJet with an interrail discount applied

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-01-17-27-29-512_at.oebb.ts.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-01-17-27-29-512_at.oebb.ts.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 22

rvdborgt

There seems to be something wrong with pass holder reservations Vienna<->Brussels. They come up as €0 and can't be booked. Same on nightjet.com.
1701451825771.png
If you're in a hurry, call ÖBB at +32 5 1717.

SeanG

Thanks all for your help. I've emailed them and if it persists I'm off to Berlin this weekend so will try in person at the DB ticket offices

jamesontheroad

Established Member
Please come back and let us know how it goes: having the same problem with Interrail reservations for March.

rvdborgt

When I tested Brussels-Vienna yesterday, it was the same for all dates I tried, in both directions. You could ask ÖBB when they intend to fix it, e.g. on Facebook.

popeter45

the paris/brussels nightjet booking is wierd atm
Brussels to Berlin/Vienna is open
Paris to Vienna is also open
but Paris to Berlin isnt despire both sides of its trip operating (paris-mannhiem and mannhiem to berlin)
end destination for me is hamburg where i already needed to spend a few days so brain is spinning up the idea of somthing dumb like NJ paris-Vienna then NJ Vienna-Hamburg

Last edited:

SeanG

Please come back and let us know how it goes: having the same problem with Interrail reservations for March.
Will do

Update on this - I kept checking the OBB website after emailing them and messaging on social media with no responses. However on Thursday I saw that the train was now available to book with interrail, but due to the delay at opening up to interrail, all of the berths have now sold out!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.