• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nikon D5300 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactustwirly

Established Member
I've currently got a D3200, but I've seen a D5300 for a reasonable price.
I'm just wondering whether it's worth the upgrade, and what's the difference between the 2 cameras?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gazthomas

Established Member
Not a massive difference to be honest, the newer model having a better ISO range, slightly faster continuous shooting, more focus points (I've learnt this isn't always good!) and more mod cons like tiltable screen and GPS. A D7200 would be a more worthwhile, especially in terms of longevity.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Not a massive difference to be honest, the newer model having a better ISO range, slightly faster continuous shooting, more focus points (I've learnt this isn't always good!) and more mod cons like tiltable screen and GPS. A D7200 would be a more worthwhile, especially in terms of longevity.

Would the picture quality be significantly better?
Or should I just stick with my D3200?

gazthomas

Established Member
Would the picture quality be significantly better?
Or should I just stick with my D3200?
I'm almost all situations no. If you want to take more shots in low light or those of very fast moving trains it would give you tiny advantage but in my view it is not much of an upgrade to justify the extra expense

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.