Nikon lenses

Discussion in 'Photography Advice & Discussion' started by HOOVER29, 12 Oct 2019 at 18:06.

1. HOOVER29

HOOVER29 Member

Last year I purchased a Nikon D5300 Dx which I’m very happy with. I’ve got a 55 mm lens at the moment & to be honest it’s ok for close shots but anything long distance it’s a tad lacking.
    Still new to attachable lens so what would be the best lens? I don’t want to spend a fortune.
    I’ve seen a few 200mm Dx lenses on ebay in my price bracket (around £150).
    Are these any good?
    Am I correct in stating that any Nikon Dx lens will fit my camera. Sorry for the questions but to me it’s a bit of a minefield out there when it comes to camera equipment so any help will be massively appreciated.

Carl

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. thejuggler

thejuggler Member

My top tip for any camera equipment is buy used. MPB photographic, London Camera Exchange are two reputable dealers.

Any Nikon lens will fit, but rather than another fixed length lens consider a 70-300mm zoom. I have that and an 18-105mm and never need much else.

Cheaper lenses will have limited aperture (f4-f5.6) depending on zoom, which can be an issue in poor light on max zoom, but learn to use the camera and by playing with shutter speed, ISO and aperture stops you can overcome this problem.

4. HOOVER29

HOOVER29 Member

Was aiming at a 200mm plus lens.
    My old camera a Fuji hs50exr had a corker of a lens & I’m kind of missing it

5. Temple Meads

Temple Meads Established Member