• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NMT power car 43013 named 'Mark Carne'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnm

Established Member
Earlier this evening a naming ceremony took place at London Paddington with one of the New Measurement Train's power cars, 43013, being named in honour of outgoing Network Rail chief executive Mark Carne.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation
Earlier this evening a naming ceremony took place at London Paddington with one of the New Measurement Train's power cars, 43013, being named in honour of outgoing Network Rail chief executive Mark Carne.
Nothing more than an ego massage for someone who should have been run out of town with his backside given a good kicking. It's in the same vein as namings for Moir Lockhead and Keith Heller.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Nothing more than an ego massage for someone who should have been run out of town with his backside given a good kicking. It's in the same vein as namings for Moir Lockhead and Keith Heller.

don't hold back there..........................

(The railway always names things for outgoing/long serving big wigs and have done since the beginning - Walter K. Whigham or Andrew K. McCosh or Sir Ralph Wedgwood or Murrough Wilson to name but 4 A4 class locos!)

I don’t know how pleased Mr Carne is with having it named after him, I’d imagine he’s honoured.

Personally, I’m not sure I’d like to have something named after me that’s old, loud, dirty, yellow and spends all its time running up and down the country going nowhere fast.*

*my tongue is somewhat in cheek here, the NMT’s a great piece of kit

D365

Veteran Member
Just when I thought the hero worship was coming to a close.

What’s the life expectancy on the NMT then?

Established Member
Presumably then that Power car will be massively late and cost twice as much to run as any other Power Car!

Established Member

Not just him but the entire board of Network Rail, and there should be a Public Enquiry into the GWR Electrification Scheme.

Railman

He is hardly a long serving "big Wig" and looks like he's running off before things get more embarrassing. What about the nameplate "HIGHEST PAID CIVIL SERVANT CBE"

Bertie the bus

Established Member
If the railway names trains after outgoing bigwigs does that mean naming a train after them will get them out of the door? I might set up a crowd funding page for nameplates for Northern’s Liam Sumpter, Sharon Keith and David Brown if it gets rid of them. It should take a full 4 minutes to reach the target.

Stick the names on Pacers just as they are entering the scrap yard.

Marklund

He is hardly a long serving "big Wig" and looks like he's running off before things get more embarrassing. What about the nameplate "HIGHEST PAID CIVIL SERVANT CBE"
Amen. Should have called it Proscient...

mde

The term the Government would use is 'public servant' - NR employees are not part of the Civil Service.

cjmillsnun

Established Member
Just when I thought the hero worship was coming to a close.

What’s the life expectancy on the NMT then?

With the large number of spare parts that are about to become available? A long time I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.