• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No Horsham-Peterborough service Saturday 2nd March

Bikeman78

Established Member
To be fair to them, planning the timetable is done by a planning team who will have had to do their best within the constrains of the reduced capacity.

The reality is, Gatwick Express brings in money and therefore is a priority for the DfT and therefore Southern. With the way that pathing works, you’re going to need to remove more than one non-stop GW to fit a stopping train in.

At the end of the day, if everyone at Redhill line stations managed to get onboard, then it sounds like the planning team did a good job, even if that resulted in a less satisfactory journey for you on this occasion.
The lucky people on the Horsham line had an hourly shuttle to Three Bridges. In years gone by, the quarry lines being blocked did not mean no through trains from Horsham to London.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Minstral25

Established Member
Sorry yes forgot about that, 2tph from Redhill this Sunday simply wasn’t enough, there are normally 4 I think, that was the shambles part. Not so much where the trains are going. They all came from Brighton as well which didn’t help matters but what can you do!

Sunday at Redhill is two Thameslinks an hour from Three Bridges or Horsham alternate Hours, supplemented by Southern hourly Arun Valley services calling at Redhill with a Reigate to Victoria in the other half hour.

All Southern services were withdrawn - Arun Valley due to Blockade between Horsham and Barnham, and Reigate as it is short train (4 coaches) when trying to maximise the train lengths to Victoria through restricted 2 track main line between Purley and East Croydon. Reigate to Victoria's always get canned for any restriction on lines to London for the short train reason

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
All credit to GTR they've managed to run the planned service today despite the attempted murder at Balham causing an emergency power off over a wide area early afternoon. Regulation pretty lousy on the service i used lost nearly 30mins from KX to Redhill

Somewhere

All credit to GTR they've managed to run the planned service today despite the attempted murder at Balham causing an emergency power off over a wide area early afternoon. Regulation pretty lousy on the service i used lost nearly 30mins from KX to Redhill
Attempted murder?

Sunset route

Established Member

There have a lot of route learning trips over the last week which I guess was to get enough necessary drivers route qualified. Certainly made East Croydon busy yesterday weaving trains through the layout before other events overtook the train plan.

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
There have a lot of route learning trips over the last week which I guess was to get enough necessary drivers route qualified. Certainly made East Croydon busy yesterday weaving trains through the layout before other events overtook the train plan.
Some weird pathing as well as the 9Sxx were left to totter down the Redhills but the 9W's were back over onto the fasts at ECR. Also not so sure agreeing a Longhedge block was clever as some long international trains joined in the fun on the Down Slow blocking back across jcns when it all fell apart again late afternoon when a Southern sat down at Thornton Heath.

Bridges signallers certainly didn't have a quiet Saturday in the office and had to work the grey matter to keep all the plates spinning