• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No return ticket available - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbeech

Established Member
As a passenger focussed individual you may be surprised to hear that actually, I agree that the correct ticket was sold. I think the passenger has to be partially responsible for their journey. If they ask for a ticket to a destination, a ticket office should offer them the cheapest ticket to, specifically that destination, and explain any restrictions there may be (time, route, operator). I’m all for individual staff being extra helpful if they’re aware of a cheaper way but we shouldn’t be complaining about ticket office staff who when asked for a ticket from A to B, sell a ticket from A to B.

Where there seems to be a problem here is not the staff (or the machine) but the fact that there’s clearly a ticket that doesn’t exist that perhaps should exist.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.