• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No services in West Yorkshire next week on some lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobblebob

I commute to Halifax from Leeds daily for work. Checking the timetables for next week and its saying none are running at all for the whole week. I believe bank holiday there are works on the line so thats fine, but what about the rest of the week? Even during COVID they have been running every 20 mins or so. The weekend appears to be running as normal, so its just Tues-Fri

National Rail on Twitter said they may have not loaded the timetables in for that week yet but arent sure. However that doesnt make sense seeing as the following week is back to the normal timetable and shows a train every 20 mins.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Have you tried messaging Northern on twitter? They have a better chance of knowing what's going on than National Rail I'd have said.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'd give Northern a tweet and see if they can help you out. Looking at it I wonder if they've not finalised their timetable yet as they're still deciding on what level of service increase is a) sustainable and b) wise.

Neptune

Established Member
Each week is planned week to week so sometimes it is late up. Trains are scheduled to be running all week on those lines.

No services between Horsforth and Leeds and Leeds to Carlisle/Lancaster starting from Skipton to allow the temporary platform 1 to be connected up for next week.

I think it hasn't been finalised yet.
Lners Sunday timetable only got published yesterday and appeared online early hours of this morning...
That's how late some services are being published.
Advise you check back on the open data sources around midnight / midnight thirty tonight if you don't hear back from the operator directly today.

bobblebob

They replied on DM, they said timetables are done weekly at the moment so isnt live. Which is fine. Just odd how the following week is on there

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Which is fine. Just odd how the following week is on there

Watch closely and I bet at some stage it'll vanish and be replaced by a different one. What you're seeing the following week (and for many months afterwards) is the long term Working Timetable that is the service that is supposed to be delivered if we weren't in the midst of a pandemic.

Glenn1969

Established Member
1st of June is meant to be the partial restart of schools and the reopening of nearly all retail. I think they are waiting for Government to confirm that is actually going to happen

And throw into the mix of Monday being a Bank Holiday, it gets a little more complicated to arrange things, at the service delivery level anyway.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
At present timetables for the next week are being published Thursday / Friday.

Timetables for the week beyond that are, for most operators, the ‘normal’ timetable that would apply.

Sometimes the ‘normal’ timetable is deleted from the database, but there is a short delay in the ‘revised’ timetable being uploaded, for a variety of reasons I shan’t bore you with. The same happened for Scotrail this week - as late as Friday night there’s wasn’t a single Scotrail service advertised for this week.

Timetable is now downstream showing Halifax for next week (Mon - Friday).

Its only open data and possibly not difinitive at this point in time.

Crossover

Established Member
All trains on my local line have been wholly or mostly STP (Short Term Planning) paths for the last few weeks - all WTT (Working Timetable) moves thus cancelled (in fact, Traksy picks up a variety of services of status "CAN" even when I am stood (distantly) watching them pass me!

Status
Not open for further replies.