• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Non-Rail] Stuff from Saturday 24/01/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilove165's

After the RailUK LHR Veg Day failed to matierialise, my dad said he was going to Heathrow, so I decided to tag along with him instead.

First, we went to Staines Moor(an absolute nightmare to get to from where we were parked....) to get some shots of the aircraft turning(sorry,banking) after departure from Heathrow:
See, it's not only Craig who can do atmospheric shots....
Air India 747-400 in the rather excellent new livery
Etihad Airbus A340-600 in THE best livery ever to adorn an aircraft

After about an hour or so, we moved on to the garage by the end of the southern runway(Fred will know what I'm on about):

RAF C-17 transporter going OTT on it's way to RAF Brize Norton,Oxfordshire
A rare beastie to these shores, Amiri Flight Boeing 727-200
And again
And again....
Another rare beastie, Kuwaiti Boeing 747-400
Singapore Airbus 380
Virgin Atlantic Airbus A340-600 cleaning up after departure
Weird BA Connect/Bmi regional hybrid Embraer ERJ-145
This is why I organised the meet, Qantas Airbus A380
Northwest(soon to be Delta) Airbus A330
Thai Airbus A340-600
Beastly Boeing 777-300ER of Air Canada

We then moved on to a residential area just off the A30 (towards the M4, I think....)
This was a complete suprise to me, TAM Boeing 777-300ER

Comments, Critisisms welcome.

Sam

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Matt Taylor

Established Member
The TAM switched from a 330 to a 777 in December, I see it most days coasting over Portsmouth at 17,000ft about 12-15 mins before it gets to Heathrow. I like the ones from Staines Moor can you be more specific how to get there? There is a spot at a foot crossing just north west of wraysbury station that is really good too.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.