• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Non-Safety Critical roles in Rail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalmers89

Hi everyone,

First post. As the title states, i'm interested to know what non-safety critical roles are available in the rail industry? I'm aware of operating the barrier and train cleaning, but what else? Is depot train cleaning safety critical? Unfortunately I am colour blind which I know is a big no-no for safety critical roles. I've been doing office admin for the past 8 years, want a change and rail is appealing. Although my overall attendance record is good, I was recently off for 3 months for personal reasons. Would this be a serious factor at the application/interview/reference stage?

Thanks for any tips and advice!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Teddyward

Revenue protection?
All the other things I can think of you haven’t mentioned are clerical. Eg rosters, ticket office. Some train cleaning roles are safety critical if you have to go trackside.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
A few of the control jobs are non safety critical but the jobs themselves are quite hard to get into as an 'outsider' but they are definately worth thinking about.

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.