• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern 10p Ticket Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

On Moderation
I booked a return from Preston to Hebden Bridge with Northern's 10p offer. I've just checked my tickets for tomorrow and notice there seems to be an error in their issue. Somehow I've been issued a Manchester Victoria seat reservation?

I will mention before boarding tomorrow but can anyone offer an explanation to how this could have happened? Note the ticket numbers are all sequential.

I hope I don't have any problems as I've arranged to meet my cousin for the day.

Apologies for the photo quality. My flash doesn't work.IMG_1217 a.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paddington

You must have booked an itinerary via MCV by mistake. Check your email confirmation?

0955-1036 Preston-Salford Crescent
1045-1051 Salford Crescent-Manchester Victoria
1058-1132 Manchester Victoria-Hebden Bridge

I assume you actually wanted 0946-1044 Preston-Hebden Bridge direct but it looks like you'll be 50 minutes later than you thought.

Karl

On Moderation
Yes thanks. I've just checked my email confirmation and it is via Salford Crescent and Manchester Victoria. I had assumed it would be the direct route on the Blackpool to York service which is the one I'm accustomed to. Oh well, I'll still enjoy the day. Thanks for your answer.

scrapy

Established Member
Whilst not valid on the 0946 direct service it might be worth getting to Preston 10 minutes early and having a polite word with the guard. No guarantees but you may get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.