• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Belle 8 December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen1001

Hi all. I've been following the progress of the booked Northern Belle run today (not booked on it, just out of curiosity) and was wondering if someone can clarify. The empty stock from Carnforth to Swansea ran approximately to time, but the booked Swansea-Gloucester and return were both cancelled. Instead, an ECS working ran in the path of the outward leg as far as Miskin, where it too was cancelled and the stock headed directly to Barry where it was supposed to finish after the tour was complete. Can't find anything about it online - anyone know what happened?

Relevant RTT links:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
Apparently someone was positive for COVID onboard, according to a Facebook group I’m in.

Trackman

Established Member
Apparently someone was positive for COVID onboard, according to a Facebook group I’m in.
An onboard crew member?
Could be a high temp reading.
From Northern Belle website:
All crew members will take a COVID test prior to travel and on board crew will be temperature checked prior to departure, and will not travel with a high reading. Crew will be wearing suitable PPE relevant to the day.

geoffk

Established Member
"All crew members will take a COVID test prior to travel and on board crew will be temperature checked prior to departure, and will not travel with a high reading. Crew will be wearing suitable PPE relevant to the day."

Is this normal for charter trains? Or are the rules still different in Wales?

woolos

Today tour has been cancel from Gloucester the .ecs worked from barry to Gloucester then to Carnforth via Worcester .Hereford. Shrewsbury crewe.

Status
Not open for further replies.