• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Class 150s to deputise for TfW Class 230s

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddyb6

Any ideas when the Northern 150s will appear on the Borderlands? Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Geeves

Established Member
Had a look on Gemini and both are now showing as allocated to Canton but cannot see if they have made the journey or not...

anamyd

On Moderation
I've just heard that they'll be arriving on Saturday (16/7/22).

JakeMurphy

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Given that this is a temporary loan (presumably), I'm surprised that specific units have been selected rather than simply "any two units" being sent daily. Particularly given that TfW will be getting rid of their own 150s eventually.

Bikeman78

Established Member
Given that this is a temporary loan (presumably), I'm surprised that specific units have been selected rather than simply "any two units" being sent daily. Particularly given that TfW will be getting rid of their own 150s eventually.
My understanding is that they'll turn out on any class 150 diagram. Ironically those two were Valley Lines units until they were swapped for 142s in the late 1990s.

anamyd

On Moderation
I've just heard from a driver via a friend that these 150s will be with TfW until the 1/12/22.

Liam L

It will be tomorrow they arrive

Looks like they been delayed around the Coleshill area due to fire around Bordesley Junction

Looks like they been delayed around the Coleshill area due to fire around Bordesley Junction
On the move again.

Last edited:

anamyd

On Moderation
Did anyone get photos? I would've gone to see them coming into Cardiff but I had to do some things locally.

warwickshire

On Moderation
It will be tomorrow they arrive

Confirmed 150269 150270. Now at Cardiff after working the 0959 Worksop to Cardiff Canton working.
Approximately 45 late through Bromsgrove due to a lineside fire in the St Andrew's area of Birmingham
However 150269 and 150270 have temporary returned back to Cardiff.
Of where they first started.
Only to transfer to Neville Hill Depot in Leeds in the late Nineties. Up north to be exchanged for some Pacers for the valley lines.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
269 and 270 have Ashbourne seating, giving them even more of a contrast to TfW’s 150s. I think it’d be fascinating if I rocked up at Cathays station like I do most days when at uni, only to find one of those show up.

warwickshire

On Moderation
269 and 270 have Ashbourne seating, giving them even more of a contrast to TfW’s 150s. I think it’d be fascinating if I rocked up at Cathays station like I do most days when at uni, only to find one of those show up.
In the early to Late Nineties prior to transfer to Northern Spirit .
Those two quite often was a reqular on the Valley lines and around Cathays.
However at the time was only in the Standard BR livery. True to the word if they do turn up now. Would be a classic complete with Northern full logos and Branding. Proud to be Northern.
In the valleys. However if Coupled up with a new TFW livery 150. Those two livery together. Will look smart and quite unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.