• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Complimentary ticket - (overnight) break of journey on outward route

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
Does anyone know in regards to a Northern Complimentary ticket (Adult / Return boxes ticked) if I can break the OUTWARD journey over several days?

e.g. next week I would like to do Leeds - Morecambe but via Manchester where I have a hotel booked for several nights, so Tuesday I would travel to Manchester, Wednesday is a write off due to the rail strike, Thursday I would travel to Morecambe and return to Manchester then return to Leeds on Saturday

The only condition I can see on the back of the ticket seems a bit vague in regards to my plan as I will be using the ticket on a different date, but will have started my journey on the date printed on the ticket :-

6. If this pass is used on a different date to that printed overleaf (or if it is used without a date being printed) the holder will be required to pay the full fare for the journey

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matthewluck

No, it's not allowed to break your journey over more than one day the outward or return.

Perhaps the simplest way to put it - on a return ticket you will write in two dates, the outward date and the return date - and can only use the ticket on those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.