• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern conductor Piccadilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny1232

any northern conductors at Manchester Piccadilly got a example of their shift patterns?? I’ll be starting my conductor training soon so just want a taste of what’s to come

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Grannyjoans

I've spoke to a few of them they say Picc are on a 5 day week. Don't know why when most other depots are on a 4 day week, there's a lot of overtime pay though.

Changing between earlies to lates every week. Earlies can sometimes by very early, the earliest starts are at about 0400.

Last edited:
Earliest start we have is 3.23 and latest finish around 2.02am.

Week of earlies , week of latest. You'll get used too it, eventually

Danny1232

Is it 1 in 3 weekends we get a 5 day long weekend? And at my interview they said that my leave is allocated in advananced, but I already have pre booked leave for the summer, is this something that they will help me with and grant me

Grannyjoans

Weekly leave is allocated in advanced.
You get 9 daily leave days every year (rising to 13 after 15 years) where you can apply to book any day off Mon-Sat.
Sundays are optional overtime, they will appear in your link but you can have them all off if you give 3 or more days notice.
At the moment every Saturday is off due to strikes and this has been the case since last September with no end in sight.
So at the moment you can have every weekend off.

Weekly Leave is allocated in advanced, of which can be changed by moving it to vacant weeks (which there aren't many of in Summer) or swapping with someone. However a new starter might be allowed to move their weekly leave to where they like for the first year, even to weeks which don't have any vacancy. I'm not sure if its true but I think I've heard this mentioned before.

Status
Not open for further replies.