• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Delay Repay 15?

Status
Not open for further replies.

js1000

Anyone know when Northern will start compensation for 15-29 minute delays?

It was announced in September this would commence in December. It is now December but has been very quiet. Anyone shed some light?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xotGD

Established Member
I was on a service on Thursday where it was announced we could claim for a 15 minute delay. Suggests it has already started.

Smidster

I was on a service on Thursday where it was announced we could claim for a 15 minute delay. Suggests it has already started.

I think I was on that service - I don't think I have ever seen someone so desperate for the delay to reach a given threshold!

However I don't think it has started yet - there is certainly nothing on the website

gray1404

Established Member
Are you saying the guard was desperate to repay the service 15 minutes?

I have checked the website too and there is no mention of 15 minutes, just the usual 30 minutes. Northern is not the most accurate website at times though.

scrapy

Established Member
Are you saying the guard was desperate to repay the service 15 minutes?

I have checked the website too and there is no mention of 15 minutes, just the usual 30 minutes. Northern is not the most accurate website at times though.
Last I heard was changing to 15minutes on December 9th

xotGD

Established Member
Sounds like the guard on my train was jumping the gun.

As it was, the train was only 12 minutes late.

geoffk

Established Member
Can I use this thread to ask a new question about delay-repay?
My intended train last night from Todmorden to Littleborough at 22.55 was shown as "delayed", reason trespassers on the line, and no ETA given by 23.10. The next train calling at Littleborough was at 23.34; this was on time. Another passenger and I, both going to Littleborough, got a taxi rather than hang around another half hour. The taxi cost £5 each. (In fact the 22.55 was cancelled, it never left Blackburn). I've got a delay repay form but there is nowhere on it to claim for a taxi by the time I've stuck my unused ticket in the space provided. Also I've got no receipt for the taxi fare. I would expect the taxi fare to be reimbursed but is this the correct form to use?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Taxi fares arranged off your own back are generally not refunded, though you may find Customer Services would make an exception if it was the TOC's fault, but not if it was a case like this, and certainly not for a delay of just 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.