• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Drivers Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newtonhall

Hello,

Was just wondering if anyone else is on the New Entrant Drivers course for Northern Starting 28th April in Bolton??

If so drop me a message.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Newtonhall

Northern seem to be taking on a lot of conductors / drivers at the moment!

Im going to be based at Blackpool North, Not sure how many people are on the course with me.

Cant wait should be interesting
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Congratulations on getting the job :)
Thankyou very much im really chuffed...

Not sure what to expect on the course but I bet its really hard work

Mintona

Established Member
With a bit of luck, I will soon be starting with Northern too; as station staff, but hopefully becoming a driver in a few year's time :D
Congratulations on getting the job though, may see you soon!

P156KWJ

Established Member
to be honest, it probably wont be a walk in the park - but it's not training to become a brain surgeon of course...

John H

I've just had a phone call from home. Letter arrived. Interview with Northern on Wednesday for Leeds based driving job. ANY interview pointers / help would be greatly appreciated.

Not had an interview for 17 years. Well, i've only ever had this one job.

[edit: Found RailChat, sorted]

apex crew

:grin::grin: congrats on job at Blackpool Noth !
My mate is one of the trainers there and i am ex Blackpool North....
It is a great depot and the DTM"s are excellent, just chill with the course and put the effort in and they will see that and work with you on any weak points ....You have nothing to fear...just enjoy :grin:
Im going to be based at Blackpool North, Not sure how many people are on the course with me.

Cant wait should be interesting

Thankyou very much im really chuffed...

Not sure what to expect on the course but I bet its really hard work
just to add....
as a driver trainer myself please feel free to ask anything you may want to bout course or what to excpect ??
One of the trainers at Bolton is ex Blackpool himself so you will have a friend there from the start, so just listen to them and relax...you will be ok !!

Newtonhall

:grin::grin: congrats on job at Blackpool Noth !
My mate is one of the trainers there and i am ex Blackpool North....
It is a great depot and the DTM"s are excellent, just chill with the course and put the effort in and they will see that and work with you on any weak points ....You have nothing to fear...just enjoy :grin:
just to add....
as a driver trainer myself please feel free to ask anything you may want to bout course or what to excpect ??
One of the trainers at Bolton is ex Blackpool himself so you will have a friend there from the start, so just listen to them and relax...you will be ok !!

Sent ya a Private message mate

apex crew

Newton Hall....
The administrator will not allow me an instant message yet as not upto 5 posts !
will get message as soon as i can and send you a reply...
hang in there and i will contact you...
stay lucky....

Status
Not open for further replies.