• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern holding pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Wright

Hi has anyone been put into a holding pool with Northern? So the story is that I got my letter on the 8th May stating that I have met the criteria and I have to wait for available medical and course dates.

I sent an email asking for an update on my application and Northern states that this current moment in time, all the Newcastle Conductor roles for 2019 are filled.

So if all the conductor roles are filled for the year then I'm gonna have to re apply??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CreamNCookies

I got placed into the pool too.

The last email i sent to them had a reply saying they will contact me when dates are available.

Im not stressing out at the moment. The application expires after 9 months. As its only been 2 months so far anything can happen. And if all has been filled for 2019 like your email response says, theres still time for 2020.

Lets just keep our fingers crossed.

I may of asked, but it was Newcastle you applied for yeah?

CreamNCookies

And as long as it doesnt say End Of Process on the DB portal, we're still in the running.

Paul 1980

Wish Id never read this. After reading your post I was curious to see what mine said however it was all in German and I clicked on withdraw application (when translated) Will be panicking till Monday when I can speak to them to say it was a mistake and I very much do want to keep my application live!

Paul 1980

Im sure hoping so, Id be absolutely devastated after waiting nearly 7 months to start.

Traiin111

Hi Guys,

I passed my MMI in May and was told to sit tight for a Medical (Driver Position Manchester). Now ive been told I'm in some talent pool. Im just stressing because I have put too much effort and time to be told to re apply or something.

Also, theyre still recruiting for the same position. I don't understand why would they when they have plenty of people in the pool?

any thoughts?

CreamNCookies

So anyone in the same position as me. Dropped an email to HR today, which has basically just said waiting for course dates.

Anyway below is what the email said;

"We appreciate you may not have heard from us for a while regarding your successful application for the Conductor Newcastle role. We would like to thank you for your patience.

I can confirm your application is still valid for nine months from the date of your interview, and we are still awaiting confirmation of available training course dates. We will be back in contact with you, once we are able to progress your application further.

Before any job offer is made, you will be required to complete and successfully pass a medical assessment."

Just hang tight :smile:

Anton Wright

Hi Guys,

I passed my MMI in May and was told to sit tight for a Medical (Driver Position Manchester). Now ive been told I'm in some talent pool. Im just stressing because I have put too much effort and time to be told to re apply or something.

Also, theyre still recruiting for the same position. I don't understand why would they when they have plenty of people in the pool?

any thoughts?

Hi Traiin111

Just hang in there. You have passed it's just a long waiting game now.

Anton Wright

So anyone in the same position as me. Dropped an email to HR today, which has basically just said waiting for course dates.

Anyway below is what the email said;

"We appreciate you may not have heard from us for a while regarding your successful application for the Conductor Newcastle role. We would like to thank you for your patience.

I can confirm your application is still valid for nine months from the date of your interview, and we are still awaiting confirmation of available training course dates. We will be back in contact with you, once we are able to progress your application further.

Before any job offer is made, you will be required to complete and successfully pass a medical assessment."

Just hang tight :smile:

That's what message I got. I'm hanging in there.

BPL1992

I wouldn't worry to much I've been on hold since the end of March :smile:

Worse thing about it all is people asking me every week "Have you heard anything yet?" NO! :lol:

Anton Wright

Well 9 months is a long time and anything can happen in that time. Try not to worry. Something will happen. When you read up on different threads on this forum, alot of members have mentioned the long wait with recruitment. Relax the wait will be worth it :lol:

Brett himself

It takes ages to get started i applyed in january had my interveiw in march then heard nothing until end of june calling me for a medical and then a week later a start date
All in all taken around 7 months!

Status
Not open for further replies.