• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern interview today

Status
Not open for further replies.

col68

Yes initial interview first, If successful then Assessments approx 6 hours including a second 1 Hour long interview. If successful a Medical. If successful hopefully a course start date/job offer.

that second interview is very very intense . do not underestimate that interview . you need to know in detail about your answers because they will dig deep.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RBSN

that second interview is very very intense . do not underestimate that interview . you need to know in detail about your answers because they will dig deep.

I felt the second interview was the easiest, maybe that's just me. As long as you answer the questions in depth, you won't have any issues.

Lucky63

I felt the second interview was the easiest, maybe that's just me. As long as you answer the questions in depth, you won't have any issues.

What kind of questions do they ask at this stage?

bonelorry

What kind of questions do they ask at this stage?

After the Computer based Assessments you then do the following...

You are given about 21 Scenario's, Each one already has an answer written down. You have to decide whether or not the answer given is appropriate to that particular situation.

I.E....

You are walking down the road and see a Woman get knocked down by a car, The driver decides not to stop and leaves the scene of the accident. You take note of the Registration number on the car.

Are your actions....

A. Very helpful to the situation
B. Helpful
C. Neither
D. Unhelpful
E. Very Unhelpful

Each question has a different scenario, There are no right or wrong answers for this section and no points are scored BUT depending on the answer you give builds up a bit of a Psychological profile for the Interviewer on how you prioritise and decision make when in certain situations.

This then bases what questions they ask you in the Interview.

You are then given an A4 piece of paper with 6 different scenarios, Similar questions to what you would be asked on your first interview. I.E Give us an example of a time when you have worked under pressure, A time when you have had to deal with an Emergency situation....Just examples not necessarily what you will be asked on the day

You give a very brief description of your scenario, Can be as little as a few words for each question.

The interviewer then allows roughly 10 mins per question and asks you to explain in detail the whole scenario, Based on the answers you gave earlier on the 21 multiple choice questions and the profile they have built up on you they will stop you part way through the story and ask random questions....

How you felt at the time? Emotions? Fear? Adrenaline?
Would you break the rules to get a job done quicker?
What was the outcome of your situation?

Just a few I got asked. Yours might well be totally different.

Make sure you are totally honest, They know and if you are making something up they will run rings around you. They could even ask you the same question multiple times!

That is pretty much it.

bonelorry

I had around 7 tests, including Group Bourdon, during a full day. Then the MMI interview after that.

Maybe they do alter the Interview part from time to time? The rest of the Assessments from the other Drivers I have spoken to are all similar.

Mine was....

Part One, Written Assessments

Group Bourdon, GLOP Recording, Low/High tones, Telephone Directory with and without tones, Cables and Dials.

Part Two, Computer Bases Assesments

Concentration/Vigilance test with Grey box on white background that changes colour approx 30 mins, Memory test with still images and Hand to Eye coordination with 2 x Joysticks.

Final Assessment/Interview

Then the 21 questions and 6 Scenarios with 60 Min Interview.

Last edited:

RBSN

Maybe they do alter the Interview part from time to time? The rest of the Assessments from the other Drivers I have spoken to are all similar.

Mine was....

Part One, Written Assessments

Group Bourdon, GLOP Recording, Low/High tones, Telephone Directory with and without tones, Cables and Dials.

Part Two, Computer Bases Assesments

Concentration/Vigilance test with Grey box on white background that changes colour approx 30 mins, Memory test with still images and Hand to Eye coordination with 2 x Joysticks.

Final Assessment/Interview

Then the 21 questions and 6 Scenarios with 60 Min Interview.

Yeah, seems the same. Apart from the scenarios.

Chappers2315

I'm panicking....the interview is tomorrow and the link doesn't work regarding what documentation I need to take regarding proof of asylum immigration and nationality act?!!
I'm imagining my passport should do, that's what's coming with me anyhow. What have others provided as I can't access the link for some reason.

RBSN

I'm panicking....the interview is tomorrow and the link doesn't work regarding what documentation I need to take regarding proof of asylum immigration and nationality act?!!
I'm imagining my passport should do, that's what's coming with me anyhow. What have others provided as I can't access the link for some reason.

Good luck for tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.