• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern new starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line speed

hello comrades.

Just a quick one, I started with Northern at Lime street last Monday and was just wondering if anybody could explain to me the current employee travel benefits as they stand since parting ways with Arriva. May as well get to using it as soon as my pass arrives. Would I also be correct in assuming my TOC priv rate card will be here in a couple of weeks?

Are there any other useful or interesting benefits I should also be made aware of as well?

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Efini92

Established Member
We get free travel on LNER and grand central. We lost the free travel on all the arriva group TOC’s after the divorce.
You’ll get your PRIV after you’ve completed 1 months service.
Rumour has it the new Duty Authority travel cards will work on all barriers in the country.

Line speed

We get free travel on LNER and grand central. We lost the free travel on all the arriva group TOC’s after the divorce.
You’ll get your PRIV after you’ve completed 1 months service.
Rumour has it the new Duty Authority travel cards will work on all barriers in the country.

ah so with the freedom to travel on LNER and GC as well as Northern, that opens up a huge part of the country. Do Arriva not own GC anymore or does it have something to do with them being open access?

also, which one is the Duty Authority travel card again...

Efini92

Established Member
Yeah Arriva own GC but for some reason we kept it.
It’s for travelling passenger on other TOC’s trains for work purposes. The new one is due out in September.

Hugo3000

Are you sure we get free travel on LNER? I thought we didn't but we get Merseyrail and Tyne and Wear Metro?

Hugo3000

Yeah Grand Central in addition to the two I mentioned. There is an updated internal document knocking about somewhere so I'm sure you'll get to look at that at some point.

Anvil1984

Established Member
There was an internal email saying we did

From the intranet site

The current reciprocal travel arrangements for Merseyrail and Tyne and Wear will continue under our new ownership from 1 March. This means that Northern colleagues and your partner/dependents can continue to travel for free on their services for work or leisure.

Grand Central have also agreed to continue their current reciprocal travel arrangements. From 1 March, Northern colleagues, partners and dependents can continue to travel for free on Grand Central services for duty, residential and leisure travel with three exceptions noted below.

Residential travel will also continue for colleagues on TPE services and duty travel will continue on Hull Trains and LNER.

Status
Not open for further replies.