• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Newcastle Trainee Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWH

Anyone heard back from Northern on their driving apprenticeship recruitment drive for Newcastle?
Applied 11th Sept and online portal still says application under consideration.

s

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rocco 698

Not yet bud. Only an email dated 03/10/20 thanking me for applying for the role and appreciating my patience, whilst reassuring me that they will be in contact as soon as they have an update for me.

Emilali

They’ve had most of their internals for tests now and they all passed so are now sat in a talent pool. Surprised they haven’t yet closed the vacancy and told everyone.

mw1610

Yeah I applied for this position. I’m an external candidate and had my interview in November and received a successful email the next day. Had my psychometric assessment day in Leeds at the beginning of December and got a successful email a few days later for that too. I’m currently waiting for a start date, basically in a talent pool waiting for an available training course.
There was a mixture of external and internal candidates on my assessment day.

Yeah I applied for this position. I’m an external candidate and had my interview in November and received a successful email the next day. Had my psychometric assessment day in Leeds at the beginning of December and got a successful email a few days later for that too. I’m currently waiting for a start date, basically in a talent pool waiting for an available training course.
Congratulations! Lucky you, you must be one of the very few external candidates that were interviewed. Fingers crossed that a course date is forthcoming

SWH

Thanks for the responses everyone and well done mw1610! Best of luck!
Mine still says under consideration so you never know. DMI with LNER coming up though so fingers crossed!

skyhigh

Established Member
Whereabouts in Leeds, if you don't mind me asking? Was it done in house by Northern? Last I knew the psychometrics were done by DB in Doncaster.

mw1610

Congratulations! Lucky you, you must be one of the very few external candidates that were interviewed. Fingers crossed that a course date is forthcoming
Thanks for the responses everyone and well done mw1610! Best of luck!
Mine still says under consideration so you never know. DMI with LNER coming up though so fingers crossed!
Whereabouts in Leeds, if you don't mind me asking? Was it done in house by Northern? Last I knew the psychometrics were done by DB in Doncaster.
Thanks folks, yeah fingers crossed! A lot of stressful days and nights but was all worth it to receive the successful email.

The email after the interview stated that they would try to allocate an assessment centre as close to home as possible, but travel maybe required.
When the invite came through inviting me to attend a ‘full driver assessment with the OPC’ it just stated ‘the assessment centre’ and then the address for the building. There was 5 of us taking the assessments on the day.
I did notice during the day, what looked like, an ongoing Northern training class/program just along the corridor from where the assessment room was. I’m assuming as their training courses run from Leeds and Manchester that that was the building they must use for their assessments and training in Leeds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.