• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

northern rail assessment day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth

Hi, ive got my assessment day with northern rail next week for trainee train driver, has anyone done one recently and can tell me exactly which tests i will do? thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Matt whitaker

Hi, not got to the assessment day yet but there's plenty on this forum that should help if you to it in the search section. Can I ask where you've applied for with northern and what was your first interview like? Was it your standard tell me when questions? I've got my first interview next week with northern. Good luck with the assessments as well

Beth

hi, i already work for northern so i applied internally but i think the process is the same, it was ok tbh, the questions i can remember were:
what do you know about northern
what attracted you to the role
what is your understanding of the role
when have you had to identify an electrical or mechanical fault
when have you had to give customer service, listened attentively and asked questions in order to solve the issue
overcome issues with colleagues
how did you deal with a pressurised situation
when have you made a big decision

they were exactly worded like that and they are quite specific with a lot of sub questions and a bit of digging, they are interested in how YOU dealt with the situation

Matt whitaker

Great stuff thanks for that. Good luck again with your psychometric tests. Like I said just type that into the search bit on main page and there's loads of stories of how the day goes and tips for it

Beth

Great stuff thanks for that. Good luck again with your psychometric tests. Like I said just type that into the search bit on main page and there's loads of stories of how the day goes and tips for it
thank you :)

GPL

Hi, ive got my assessment day with northern rail next week for trainee train driver, has anyone done one recently and can tell me exactly which tests i will do? thanks
Group Bourdon
Cables & Dials
Glop memory test
TEA-occ Part 1, 2 & 3
Grey box test
Perception Test
2 hand co-ordination test.
Situation judgement - Not scored.
Interview.

Where have you applied for? I got my job offer last week :D

DanG1985

Hi Guys

Had my northern interview last week and found out I passed the interview on Friday.

I'm booked in for my assessment centre in Manchester on 21st March but they have not given me the address details yet.

Is anyone else going to Manchester on 21st and does anyone else know where it is?

This is my 2nd attempt, last time was at Doncaster.

Beth

Hi Guys

Had my northern interview last week and found out I passed the interview on Friday.

I'm booked in for my assessment centre in Manchester on 21st March but they have not given me the address details yet.

Is anyone else going to Manchester on 21st and does anyone else know where it is?

This is my 2nd attempt, last time was at Doncaster.
im on 18th and havent been sent the address yet either will let you know when i hear!

Beth

Group Bourdon
Cables & Dials
Glop memory test
TEA-occ Part 1, 2 & 3
Grey box test
Perception Test
2 hand co-ordination test.
Situation judgement - Not scored.
Interview.

Where have you applied for? I got my job offer last week :D
thank you! leeds

DanG1985

im on 18th and havent been sent the address yet either will let you know when i hear!
Thanks Beth,

For me personally, I struggled with the Teaocc test last time, particularly the beeps/elevator test.

Good luck with everything

Jon H

Thanks Beth,

For me personally, I struggled with the Teaocc test last time, particularly the beeps/elevator test.

Good luck with everything

Hi,

When you re sit did they just miss out the ones you had already passed first time?

Thanks
Jon

Nobby664

Hi,

When you re sit did they just miss out the ones you had already passed first time?

Thanks
Jon
That's what I was told. You'll be called in to join the room when they are sitting the test that you failed. Your day will then continue as normal if you pass, ie onto the computer tests and mmi

Jon H

Brilliant thanks

I failed the middle (2nd part) of the Teaocc but passed the 1st and 3rd. I wonder if it’s the whole section again or just the one part.

Thanks
Jon

Nobby664

Brilliant thanks

I failed the middle (2nd part) of the Teaocc but passed the 1st and 3rd. I wonder if it’s the whole section again or just the one part.

Thanks
Jon
I'm not sure about this Jon, someone else will have to confirm or failing that give the test centre a call to be 100% sure.

Twotwo

Brilliant thanks

Thanks
Jon

You have to do all 3 parts again.

Status
Not open for further replies.