• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail Fare Evasion Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchdrash

about 10 weeks ago I caught with a 1 week out of date season ticket, was getting married 2 weeks after, so wasn't really paying attention to anything else and I, and numerous ticket inspectors at Piccadilly hadn't realised that the ticket expired mid sept, not mid oct.

The ticket inspector took the full line of monthly season tickets dating back to January (I think) out of my wallet, asked me a few questions and I went on my way.

Today I've received a letter for me to give my version of events, now I was travelling, without realising, without a ticket, the best approach I can think is basically admit that, as I did to the inspector, claim mitigating circumstances (attention elsewhere because of the stress of organising a wedding) and basically ask for leniency, but I'm just looking for some advice on the matter before I send that in, as to whether of not there is a better approach.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Unfortunately that isn't a valid reason for not travelling with a valid ticket. You could ask for leniency, but this seems like an open and shut case, so I'd be prepared to pay for the journey you made and an additional appropriate amount on top. Someone will be able to advise on what that amount will be.

Dave1987

On Moderation
Same advice here offer to settle for the full fare for the journey plus any costs they hav incurred. Think they will prob accept that as it saves he hassle of them taking you to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.