• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail m-tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcbwhaley

I have just got the NR app and have purchased an m-ticket. I have to activate the ticket before boarding the train. What is the point of that? Do I get my money back if I don't activate it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
It's so that you don't reuse the ticket over and over again. You activate it on the premise that you will shortly be using the ticket on a service, so that the ticket can expire shortly after your journey. If there was no facility to activate, not all train operating companies scan the tickets so one could reasonably reuse the ticket for the whole of its validity.

brompton rail

It's so that you don't reuse the ticket over and over again. You activate it on the premise that you will shortly be using the ticket on a service, so that the ticket can expire shortly after your journey. If there was no facility to activate, not all train operating companies scan the tickets so one could reasonably reuse the ticket for the whole of its validity.

And if the train doesn’t arrive you don’t get your money refunded. Always check with RTT that it is actually running!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
And if the train doesn’t arrive you don’t get your money refunded. Always check with RTT that it is actually running!

They threaten that but it has no standing and indeed I've had an activated ticket refunded after the train was cancelled and I abandoned my journey. The only question they asked was "Why did you activate the ticket if the train was cancelled" to which I replied "I activated it just before departure at which point the train was sill showing as on time, it was only later that it was cancelled". They then went and checked the training running records, confirmed it was cancelled and refunded.

Status
Not open for further replies.