• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBM

Hi,

My medical has been pushed forward by 2 weeks, with little notice and I'm unable to attend due my current employer not being able to give me the time off.

I'm due to start my training in January and I know a medical assessment needs to be conducted before I start.

Does anyone know if this is likely to affect my start date or is it easy enough to reschedule my medical date?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Hi,

My medical has been pushed forward by 2 weeks, with little notice and I'm unable to attend due my current employer not being able to give me the time off.

I'm due to start my training in January and I know a medical assessment needs to be conducted before I start.

Does anyone know if this is likely to affect my start date or is it easy enough to reschedule my medical date?
You need to ask Northern themselves.

ST

It shouldn't do TBH you still have responsibilities and Northern will appreciate that. You could perhaps suggest some alternative dates and they will try to meet with one of them. The results are back usually within a week (due to the Drugs Screening) so plenty of time for the offer post this. There may be more limited appointments due to Covid, but it's essential work so there will be a plan. Good luck with it.

LBM

It shouldn't do TBH you still have responsibilities and Northern will appreciate that. You could perhaps suggest some alternative dates and they will try to meet with one of them. The results are back usually within a week (due to the Drugs Screening) so plenty of time for the offer post this. There may be more limited appointments due to Covid, but it's essential work so there will be a plan. Good luck with it.
Thank you, really appreciate this feedback. I applied for the position over a year ago and it has been such an anxiety inducing process. I'll get there in the end...Hopefully!

Aivilo

Shouldn't impact your start time at all. Only thing that you don't find out on the day is drugs and alcohol result. Bare in mind staff are up the wall and working from home so any comma will be delayed

JRE

Could anybody give me some up-to-date information on what the Driver Medical involves, please?

Are there forms to obtain from GPs etc prior to the medical?

Any help greatly appreciated!

James.

Kevlar

Height, Weight, ECG, Blood Pressure, Sight and colour vision, Hearing, Medications, Drugs and Alcohol screen, Medical history and family history questionaire. Nothing from the GP.,

JRE

Height, Weight, ECG, Blood Pressure, Sight and colour vision, Hearing, Medications, Drugs and Alcohol screen, Medical history and family history questionaire. Nothing from the GP.,
Thanks Kevlar. Does this take place before or after an offer of employment?

Status
Not open for further replies.