• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern rail recruitment process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth

Hi, last week I had a cal to say I had been successful for a clerk position at Leeds, does anyone know how long the process usually takes to arrange medical and start dates?
Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Congratulations.

It might with worth asking HR they might be able to provide you with more information.

Could I ask when you had your interview what was it like? What questions did they ask? Did it last long if you don’t mind me asking.

I have an interview with them this week.

Last edited:

Clip

Established Member
Being the railway then it could be anything of 7-14 days!

They should send you a letter with all the details in including where to go and who to see so hold fire for your mail i would say

Beth

Yeah I emailed them so hopefully will get a reply soon! Thanks! What is the position?
The interview was around 45 mins the questions were mostly compentency based and what I knew about northern rail ect.
But be prepared for them to ask you to expand your answer and go into further detail.
Good luck!

I’ll be using the STAR process for the compenency questions.

It’s just a customer service position within the station.

Can you remember what the actual questions where they asked at all?

I’m really nervous not had an interview in 14 years.

Beth

I was nervous too but the panel I had were really nice and made me feel comfortable!
They asked how I’d helped out a colleague, when I’d worked well as a team, when I’d had to make a tough decision, what my ideal career path is.
We spent the first 15 minutes talking about an Australia trip I had been on they were so friendly and it got me talking!
You will be fine using the star technique

Cricky panel how many was there?

I’m sure I’ll be fine I’ve practiced the most commonly asked questions, but I’m sure they’ll ask me something I haven’t prepared for.

I had my interview today.

It was very quick lasted 30 mins.

They literally asked me 3 questions one being what do I know about Northern.

They asked about prebooked holidays and notice period right at the end so I’m not sure if that’s a good sign.

Last edited:

Worldwide

They asked about prebooked holidays and notice period right at the end so I’m not sure if that’s a good sign.

This was very similar to mine.

I felt the interviewer was quite inexperienced to be honest.

Tatoodles

What was the outcome? Did you get the job? I had a similar interview on Thursday.. can’t work out if it was quick because I answered the questions quickly or if they rushed through because they’ve decided early on that it’s not for me. Just waiting to hear back now

Worldwide

What was the outcome? Did you get the job? I had a similar interview on Thursday.. can’t work out if it was quick because I answered the questions quickly or if they rushed through because they’ve decided early on that it’s not for me. Just waiting to hear back now

To this day this day I’ve never had a response since chased just said a hiring decision hadn’t been made in honestly they should just say the vacancies have been withdrawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.