• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Sheffield trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

posh

Hi all,

Just wondering how many people there are on here who have gone through the sheffield application process for trainee driver. Currently I have passed the interview and waiting for the assessment next week. Is there anyone who has passed interview and assessment and had a confirmed course date for Sheffield, or anyone who has started a course for sheffield yet?

Thanks in advance,

Neil.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

karl998yr

I passed the assessment centre about 4-5 weeks ago for Sheffield and am now an on hold candidate

Sooty123

Hi
Can I ask when did you applied for the role?
I applied in June for a trainee driver position at Sheffield but received an email today stating due to a change in the business plan there is no longer a trainee position at the moment and the application has been cancelled.

posh

I passed the assessment centre about 4-5 weeks ago for Sheffield and am now an on hold candidate

Cheers mate, best of luck to you. Let us know when you get an invite to medical and a course start date. Cheers.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi
Can I ask when did you applied for the role?
I applied in June for a trainee driver position at Sheffield but received an email today stating due to a change in the business plan there is no longer a trainee position at the moment and the application has been cancelled.

Hi there, I applied in the March advertisement for Sheffield. Sorry to hear about this e-mail - not very good news at all for this role!

Sooty123

Hi there, I applied in the March advertisement for Sheffield. Sorry to hear about this e-mail - not very good news at all for this role![/QUOTE]

Cheers posh

It's the first time I have applied but reading all the posts regarding the number of positions that have gone before this one, I may have missed the boat this time.

Evolution

I've just had the same email, I applied in June. Looks like they've taken some internal candidates on at a guess.

karl998yr

I saw that advertisment in june and ran and queried it. I was told it was advertised in error and they had received enough applications from the march advert
Cheers mate, best of luck to you. Let us know when you get an invite to medical and a course start date. Cheers.

Hi there, I applied in the March advertisement for Sheffield. Sorry to hear about this e-mail - not very good news at all for this role!

Cheers mate will do. Best of luck with the assessment centre

Sooty123

I saw that advertisment in june and ran and queried it. I was told it was advertised in error and they had received enough applications from the march advert

Wish they would have let people know sooner!
Would have saved me a lot of time which I have spent checking emails and trawling this forum.

Evolution

Wish they would have let people know sooner!
Would have saved me a lot of time which I have spent checking emails and trawling this forum.

Same here, total waste of time if that's the case. I thought that something strange was happening with the application when I got the application "on hold" email.

Kylie88

I'm through to the assesment center this week...getting a bit nervous now!

Status
Not open for further replies.