• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern staff travel card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevillehill

Is a staff privilege card valid on Grand central ?
I have just been issued with a grey pass valid for concessionary travel only on Northern Rail.

I lost my Blue one same as agency workers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

parsons16

I was under the impression that Grand Central WASN'T part of the TOC concessions agreement (although I used them to travel from Thirsk to Northallerton and the conductor didn't query our ticket). As part of the Abellio Group (I work for Greater Anglia) you should be able to use the card free on G.A., Merseyrail and from April 1 Scotrail.

driver9000

Established Member
GC aren't part of ATOC. Northern Rail have reciprocal arrangements with Grand Central.

The best people to ask would be HR at Northern.

hidden

Yes, NT staff can travel free on GC. Only one we can't is the 19.something from KGX to Sunderland on a Friday I believe.

Nevillehill

I was under the impression that Grand Central WASN'T part of the TOC concessions agreement (although I used them to travel from Thirsk to Northallerton and the conductor didn't query our ticket). As part of the Abellio Group (I work for Greater Anglia) you should be able to use the card free on G.A., Merseyrail and from April 1 Scotrail.

Thank you everyone, when I visit Scotland in April looks like Northern up the s&c then Scotrail from Carlisle.

First class

Established Member
Is a staff privilege card valid on Grand central ?
I have just been issued with a grey pass valid for concessionary travel only on Northern Rail.

I lost my Blue one same as agency workers.

I think people are getting confused.

Northern Rail staff get free travel on Grand Central/Merseyrail/Greater Anglia/Scotrail (later) (and residential on TPE), BUT:

You're not Northern Rail staff by the sounds of it.

I would imagine you are either a cleaner or work for G4S/revenue protection. In which case you can only use your pass to get into/out of work with Northern, and no other TOC.

Blue Pass = Staff with full travel benefits
Grey Pass = Non-staff with no travel benefits

If you don't have the ATOC "75%" PRIV card, and you aren't in the Railway Pension Scheme (DB), then you won't be able to use your pass anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevillehill

I think people are getting confused.

Northern Rail staff get free travel on Grand Central/Merseyrail/Greater Anglia/Scotrail (later) (and residential on TPE), BUT:

You're not Northern Rail staff by the sounds of it.

I would imagine you are either a cleaner or work for G4S/revenue protection. In which case you can only use your pass to get into/out of work with Northern, and no other TOC.

Blue Pass = Staff with full travel benefits
Grey Pass = Non-staff with no travel benefits

If you don't have the ATOC "75%" PRIV card, and you aren't in the Railway Pension Scheme (DB), then you won't be able to use your pass anywhere else.

I'm non of those two , G4s don't do revenue protection it's STM security, rang HR and my line manager said it's ok on GC.

WCMLaddict

I think it is a simple question: Are you employed directly by Northern Rail?
Yes - you can use Grand Central
No or not directly - I would assume you're not eligible for free travel on GC

Status
Not open for further replies.