• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern strikes & "routed" tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarbear

Established Member
Hi.

I have the return half of a Bache-Manchester Airport Off Peak return, route Crewe, which I was intending to use tomorrow. As it appears there won't be any rail service between Manchester Airport & Wilmslow, I may have a problem going that way!

Is anyone likely to object to me using the ticket via Piccadilly, or will I have to excess to the "route Manchester" fare?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'd be shocked if any Guard attempted to charge an excess fare (if they did, it would be £1.90).

kieron

Established Member
I have the return half of a Bache-Manchester Airport Off Peak return, route Crewe, which I was intending to use tomorrow. As it appears there won't be any rail service between Manchester Airport & Wilmslow, I may have a problem going that way!
It's a bit late now, but your ticket is valid via Manchester and Crewe in any case. It could sometimes be worth going that way even when Northern and Virgin are running a normal service.

Status
Not open for further replies.