• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Traincrew vacancies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

driver9000

Established Member
http://www.northernrail.org/northern/careers/vacancies/

Northern Rail have vacanices in the traincrew grades including:

Drivers at Manchester Piccadilly & Buxton Closes 24 November 2008
Guards at Blackpool Nth & Wigan Wallgate Closes 27 November 2008
Depot driver (Shunter) Neville Hill TMD Closes 27 November 2008

The usual restrictions apply ie must live within 30mins of the depot, minimum age of 18 for Guards - oddly though the minimum age for Trainee drivers is 20!

Also vacancies for:

Relief CSA Merseyside Closes 23 November 2008
Part time RPI at Workington & Middlesborough Closes 30 November 2008

Good luck to all those who choose to apply for the various posts, Im sure there are enough of us in the grades able to answer any questions.

**Also posted in the 'Applying to Northern'thread as I couldnt get a new thread started.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P156KWJ

Established Member
Are some of the drivers for the new Leeds-Nottingham service new recruits? As I thought they'd need a strengthened workforce... then again I heard that Nottingham - Sheffield they'll be staffed by EMT crews anyway :lol:

Craig

Established Member
Are some of the drivers for the new Leeds-Nottingham service new recruits? As I thought they'd need a strengthened workforce... then again I heard that Nottingham - Sheffield they'll be staffed by EMT crews anyway :lol:

Yes but Nottingham is a top link job. Any new recruits won't get near this sort of work.

driver9000

Established Member
Nothing odd about it mate....as long as you are 21 when you pass out many companies recruit 20 year olds off the street...I was 20 and a half when I was registered as a driver.As long as you are 21 before you finish training there is no problem.

I put odd because when I applied to FNW for driving when I was 20 I was told minimum age was 21....suppose things change though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.