• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Driver Course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eccles1983

On Moderation
Is anyone else starting on the 31st October?

And has anyone received any paperwork relating to it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RBSN

Good lucky guys!

The key is; revise, revise, revise!

eveready

I'm starting 28th November and not received anything official, just a phone call. I called hr who advised the contracts are often only received a couple of weeks before start date. I'm not handing in my notice until I have a contract though so I have booked leave from 28th November onwards.

Louby

It could arrive a week before ??
If you have had the call you will be fine

eveready

Hope so ??????. I have trust issues with big companies, always a little cynical. Thanks for the reassurance

gazcat

I'm starting 28th November and not received anything official, just a phone call. I called hr who advised the contracts are often only received a couple of weeks before start date. I'm not handing in my notice until I have a contract though so I have booked leave from 28th November onwards.

I was in a similar position whereby I had to give 28 days notice but had no contract, so they sent me an official sounding email detailing my offer of employment.
Was only a short paragraph but enough to hold them to it and be able to hand my notice in.

(also, if you're on leave you're technically still employed, which could have implications)

Last edited:

karl998yr

which depot does this thread concern guys?

im an on hold candidate for sheffield and still waiting to hear something

cheers

gazcat

which depot does this thread concern guys?

im an on hold candidate for sheffield and still waiting to hear something

cheers[/QUOTE

I'm for Blackburn (initially Blackpool) but guessing there'll be people from different depot's on the same course

maccalad

I was contacted a week last Friday (21/10/16) asking me if I could start on the course in 28/11/16. However, this did mean taking a medical on Thursday 27/10/16 which I could not make.

However, my medical is coming up this week, and I have been advised that I am pencilled in for a start date in January.

This is for one of the Blackburn driver jobs.

S Express

My contract arrived the Saturday (2 days) before as it did with quite a few others. There's a large recruitment drive plus logistical and corporate image changes going on at the minute and it Seems to be quite the norm. Enjoy it when you start. It's great.

Mulberry2016

Good lucky guys!

The key is; revise, revise, revise!

The key is to listen to what you're told and to do what you're told. You do not want to be reading up about things before you start the course.; a little knowledge is always a dangerous thing

RBSN

The key is to listen to what you're told and to do what you're told. You do not want to be reading up about things before you start the course.; a little knowledge is always a dangerous thing

No my point was when you actually get to the training academy - revise what you've learn that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.