• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern trainee driver courses, Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twice blue

Quick query to those in training or with any knowledge of whether there are any courses planned at Leeds this year or early next? As a few of us have been advised that a course this year is unlikely are they stopping courses till they can cope next year?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RBSN

Quick query to those in training or with any knowledge of whether there are any courses planned at Leeds this year or early next? As a few of us have been advised that a course this year is unlikely are they stopping courses till they can cope next year?

I'm on week 11 as a trainee driver and as far as I know they're 4 courses that are currently running behind me. Some courses have 16 trainees on them compared to my course, which has 12.

Kit.Frank

I've read on the forum that there's a Northern course starting this month and also one starting at the end of November. Not sure if there's one in December.

Hoping they start allocating the remaining 'on hold' Darlington candidates at the beginning of the year though as our interviews expire around March and I doubt they'll advertise again for Darlington depot any time soon. The next 5 months are crucial!

Twice blue

Missed that there was one at the end of November. Still hoping for that suprise phone call!

sennaf15

I'm not in for a Leeds position as Blackburn will be my depot but I am down to commence training on the 28th November.

Kit.Frank

Missed that there was one at the end of November. Still hoping for that suprise phone call!

They say on their current advert for Skipton trainee drivers that there're still places on the late November course to fill. I guess they just need drivers at Skipton more than at Darlington!

Status
Not open for further replies.