• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

northern trainee driver leeds 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

challyabnger

Are you applying for it or waiting for a place on the manc one. As we are both waiting for it lol im in limbo

garageflower

I'm awaiting results from a conductor asssesment which I am really hoping I've passed and get offered a role / talent pool for that post.

I'm dreading that I miss the boat for this trainee driver role only to recieve an email the next day saying I've failed the conductor testing.

What I'm trying to say is if I stick in an application for this trainee driver role will it reflect badly on my live conductor application - I don't want it to flash up that I've stuck in for the drivers post and then they assume I was just after the conductor post as a stepping stone :( so knock me off regardless of my test score?

SPADTrap

Established Member
I'm awaiting results from a conductor asssesment which I am really hoping I've passed and get offered a role / talent pool for that post.

I'm dreading that I miss the boat for this trainee driver role only to recieve an email the next day saying I've failed the conductor testing.

What I'm trying to say is if I stick in an application for this trainee driver role will it reflect badly on my live conductor application - I don't want it to flash up that I've stuck in for the drivers post and then they assume I was just after the conductor post as a stepping stone :( so knock me off regardless of my test score?

Well, do you want to be a conductor or driver? If you want to be a driver why apply for conductor if you're not prepared to work it for a while? Good luck!

garageflower

I want to be a conductor but long term I would see a drivers post as a career goal, however when a trainee drivers post pops up on your doorstep it would be unwise not to have a go... Unwise that is unless it would affect my pending application for conductor! Think I'll just sit tight and let this one pass me with fingers crossed I hear something soon

302PS

I'm staying in pool for manc, waited a year might aswell wait bit longer

I've applied but its a long shot as I live exactly 45 minutes away from their Depot. I wasn't going to apply but when I saw the vacancy for the second day (unexpectedly) I researched the distance (and location of depot) and thought I'd chance it.

Albatross

I was once in the same position. I put in for the driving despite being a long way down the conductor recruitment.

They only ever knew because I told them but once they did know they weren't happy and made me withdraw one or the other. I withdrew my conducter application and went on to get the driving job.

Looking back it was a stupid thing to do even though it worked out. Anyway in short, no they won't know unless you tell them unless things have changed.

302PS

You can't physically progress to the application online if you already have a live app

Does anyone know what the assessment process is for Northern? Is there an online assesment first? Phone interview? Anyone got any previous experience as to how long they take to get in touch?

SCAAT or GBT? Paper or PC?

Just wondering what to expect.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.