• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern trainee driver salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaiGog

Sometimes Mirfield, sometimes Hull, often Niebüll
Hello all,

I remember seeing a thread which explained how the trainee driver wage went up progressively with Northern as your training progresses, but I can't find it now. Could someone please either point me to that thread, or remind me what the various rates are during training and when they increase?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RBSN

Hello all,

I remember seeing a thread which explained how the trainee driver wage went up progressively with Northern as your training progresses, but I can't find it now. Could someone please either point me to that thread, or remind me what the various rates are during training and when they increase?

Thanks in anticipation.

Starting training wage is 21k
Goes up to 34k once you pass your Mob 7 and sign your core routes
Goes up to 38k 12 months after then and finally 45ish later doe the line

WCMLaddict

East vs West.
East side is on slightly higher basic pay.

Also the increments work slightly differently. On the west I'm pretty sure they change every 12 months regardless of when you pass out and routes.

Last edited:

maccalad

So, are the wages based on time served, or, passing certain markers and standards?

I only ask because you could be held back due to not enough staff to cater for number of new recruits, or delay in building new depots?

Louby

So, are the wages based on time served, or, passing certain markers and standards?

I only ask because you could be held back due to not enough staff to cater for number of new recruits, or delay in building new depots?

First pay grade is pass out or 1 year, which ever comes first , then every year after that, its not your fault if they have no instructors free , so they can't withhold your pay

maccalad

That's good........I dunno how long I could cope on that money!

I've heard it can be 10 months, which would work really well for me as that would kick in for the first December pay packet.

First pay grade is pass out or 1 year, which ever comes first , then every year after that, its not your fault if they have no instructors free , so they can't withhold your pay

maccalad

I know it is a long shot, but by my calculations, it is approx £1285.00 every 4 weeks that a new trainee driver would come out with...........can anyone confirm how far out I am?

Please note, I have only worked this on NI and Tax.

Louby

I know it is a long shot, but by my calculations, it is approx £1285.00 every 4 weeks that a new trainee driver would come out with...........can anyone confirm how far out I am?

Please note, I have only worked this on NI and Tax.

Mine is 1226 after pension, union, benevolent etc

Status
Not open for further replies.