• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xtradj

I must say it’s highly frustrating that my application from over two months ago is stopping me from applying for other locations.

Northern have posted several positions for new trainee drivers, based in Sheffield, Carlisle, Darlington and Skipton.

If like me you currently have an application open for one of the ones advertised in May then you can't apply to one of these.

http://www.northern.engageats.co.uk/VacanciesV2.aspx

Not doubting what you say at all, but where or at what point does it tell you this before I go any further (I have a Leeds application in)!

RollingOn

Not doubting what you say at all, but where or at what point does it tell you this before I go any further (I have a Leeds application in)!
Normally when you start your application for a driving position it asks if you have another live application for a driver's role (at least with northern). If you wish to proceed, your original application will be cancelled. You can however have other non driving applications in, such as gateline, and continue both applications. That's just what I've found from my experience anyway.

Normally when you start your application for a driving position it asks if you have another live application for a driver's role (at least with northern). If you wish to proceed, your original application will be cancelled. You can however have other non driving applications in, such as gateline, and continue both applications. That's just what I've found from my experience anyway.

Ah that makes sense... I'll stick with Leeds then as it will only mean another long wait!

Caad12

Got application in for Newcastle and it feels like nothing is happening. Be great to know what is going on atm.

RollingOn

Got application in for Newcastle and it feels like nothing is happening. Be great to know what is going on atm.

I think it's just that they have advertised for so many different locations at one time, more than I have seen previously over the past few years. The amount of applications that need sifting through must be massive.

I think it's just that they have advertised for so many different locations at one time, more than I have seen previously over the past few years. The amount of applications that need sifting through must be massive.

I agree, and this latest lot of vacancies isn't exactly going to help their workload!

Monkey Bob

I emailed their HR earlier this week and basically they haven't started on the jobs advertised in May, probably a combination of the number of jobs posted, the timetable problems and the drivers strikes.

If you start the application for one of these there is a question that ask "Do you currently have a live application for a Driver vacancy at a different location to the one you are applying for?" If you click yes you get this message, "You can only be considered for one Driver vacancy at any one time. If you currently have a live application for a Driver vacancy at one of our other depots, we will not be able to progress an application for this vacancy."

xtradj

From what I hear they are revising requirements for some of these roles as it’s possible less will be needed than first anticipated and more for other locations. One of the hold ups. It is also possible that some of the locations may end up being for a talent pool until further notice

Status
Not open for further replies.