• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Train driver -Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatoodles

Hi, has anyone heard anything about the Northern trainee train driver jobs at Liverpool? Closing date was 22/08 and the interviews were last week.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GLENMAYE77

I applied for the Liverpool vacancy in June and have not heard anything but there was another vacancy advertised in Aug.....is this the one you guys applied for and have heard back?

xtradj

I applied for the Liverpool vacancy in June and have not heard anything but there was another vacancy advertised in Aug.....is this the one you guys applied for and have heard back?

Apparently the August one was the June vacancy re-advertised as they wanted more candidates. You never know what to believe though as if it’s true interviews were last week (I was told they are still sifting through applications this week)

Narom

New Submitted Application

Mines been like that since the day they advertised it. If they could update it to say im not having an interview or being progressed it would be nice.

TheBadger

New Submitted Application

Mines been like that since the day they advertised it. If they could update it to say im not having an interview or being progressed it would be nice.

It will update when a decision is made but don't expect that to be any time soon. I applied in May and it took 3 months before I got an update. I know others who waited longer still.

Narom

It will update when a decision is made but don't expect that to be any time soon. I applied in May and it took 3 months before I got an update. I know others who waited longer still.

Indeed, im not too fussed anyways. Its just irksome that they have form for not updating applications from people they aren't even going to interview which in turns stop you from applying from any other job with them as they only allow one app at a time.

dilbertphil

Northern are well known for taking an eternity with the recruitment process. I know of people who have waited 6 months plus to hear anything. So don't worry it's just part if the process.

Gooner18

It can take ages to get past the initial sift , once you get invited to the first set of tests things generally move a lot more quickly , it’s not unusual for it to take a year or so from when you first applied to when you start training.

dilbertphil

As I previously posted do not be surprised if you don't hear anything for a while if the closing date was only in August you may not hear anything until Feb or March. When I started in the FNW days it took 18 months from application to actually starting and from what I've seen and heard it's not got any quicker since then. Just be patient and you will eventually get some news.

Kimbob

Hi all
I've applied for trainee train driver Liverpool any hints and tips on how to be successful in the interview? and psychametric test would be really appreciated

dilbertphil

Lots of resources online with regards how to prepare for the tests, for your interview you will be asked questions about different situations such as emergency scenarios and how you reacted to them. You may also be asked about a time you delivered customer service or when you were flexible in a working situation. You will be asked about what you understand the role of train driver to be. I would also research some info on Northern as a company. Be calm and try to relax, also provide detailed answers to the questions but don't ramble on about things which are not relevant. Good luck to you.

Kimbob

Lots of resources online with regards how to prepare for the tests, for your interview you will be asked questions about different situations such as emergency scenarios and how you reacted to them. You may also be asked about a time you delivered customer service or when you were flexible in a working situation. You will be asked about what you understand the role of train driver to be. I would also research some info on Northern as a company. Be calm and try to relax, also provide detailed answers to the questions but don't ramble on about things which are not relevant. Good luck to you.
Dilbertphil thank you I am currently a guard so I can use scenarios which there are many

GLENMAYE77

@dilbertphil did you get through the sift for this?
I got the ‘no thanks’ email but it has since been re-advertised again, so I’ve applied again.
Hopeful bonus for me is that I’ve since passed all the stage 1 and stage 2 tests with another company.

Kimbob

No still waiting I applied late December 2018 oh the best of luck to you really hope it's good news for you
If an it's a a big if / I'm successful I like to be organised and prepared for interviews even though they make me feel physically sick lol

GLENMAYE77

No still waiting I applied late December 2018 oh the best of luck to you really hope it's good news for you
If an it's a a big if / I'm successful I like to be organised and prepared for interviews even though they make me feel physically sick lol

I’ve not heard anything on this current Liverpool vacancy still submitting my app on 2nd Nov

Kimbob

I’ve not heard anything on this current Liverpool vacancy still submitting my app on 2nd Nov
The closing date 11th Jan is the 1 I applied for 2 I know off are still waiting to hear who applied on the previous 1

Status
Not open for further replies.