• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern - training accommodation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan ...

Does anybody know what northern offer, in terms of accommodation for people who live far away from there training locations.

And also how I would go about organising somewhere to stay?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aivilo

I've heard of it being done but you would have to fall into certain criteria (would imagine it's like for us staff where you need to be in excess of 90 minutes from your home station to place of training.)

That's being said I know of people who have commuted longer than this

Trisha

Does anybody know what northern offer, in terms of accommodation for people who live far away from there training locations.

And also how I would go about organising somewhere to stay?
Have you asked Northern HR regarding this? It will depend on what time your course starts (generally in Leeds 09:00) and what time your method of transport can get you there, also consider what time you'll finish and get back home. In previous concerns, representation by a Union rep can help going forward.

dan ...

I’ll give hr a call in the morning, it will take me well over an hour each way, commuting to Newcastle so hoping there’s something available. Thanks!

CreamNCookies

When I had my interview for Conductor in May, they said training was in Leeds and that accomodation would be provided, but if I preferred I could travel to and from Leeds each day and get some sort of payment for it. I didnt want to question it further at that stage as I was just happy to of been in the interview. :lol:

Comfy

If youre travelling from newcastle to leeds to train your accomodation mon -fri is paid for and your meals provided. Thats what it is for drivers anyway.

Taylor-j01

Strange question but a trainee driver with northern , at what stage do they send anything letters etc to your house ?

Or is it all email /phone contact.

Would paper letters info but send out if you got past the exams and tests ...

Status
Not open for further replies.