• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern unit in storage at Castle Donington

Status
Not open for further replies.

doningtonphil

Hello.
I saw a photo of a unit, think its a 156, in storage at freight rail head at the old Castle Donington Power Station site (now M&S Distribution). I know Class 56 locos have been stored there, but was surprised to see this (my sister took the photo but cant see any numbers). Any suggestions?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

doningtonphil

Hello.
I saw a photo of a unit, think its a 156, in storage at freight rail head at the old Castle Donington Power Station site (now M&S Distribution). I know Class 56 locos have been stored there, but was surprised to see this (my sister took the photo but cant see any numbers). Any suggestions?
Just had an update, my dad says there are 6x 4 car units.

Are they just surplus due to limited timetables at present?

Bob figgis

I think they are class319 units and not 156’s. They are either on their way to or on their way from Brush at Loughborough.

doningtonphil

I think they are class319 units and not 156’s. They are either on their way to or on their way from Brush at Loughborough.
Ah ok. I couldn't see a pantograph on the 2 vehicles in the photo, but looks like that would be on the next vehicle, out of shot.

fgwrich

Established Member
They will be Northern's Class 769 Units. I believe ROG has the contract to move the fleet around, and seems to be storing the 769s (both for Transport For Wales and Northern) there.

Status
Not open for further replies.