• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Norwich to Berney Arms valid via Great Yarmouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hello All,

I haven't really the time to check this at the moment, however, could someone look this up?

If I were to get a Norwich [NRW] to Berney Arms [BYA] CDR, at £7.00 would this be valid on the below journey: :?:

Norwich to Great Yarmouth (via Acle) on the outward portion, thence onto Berney Arms.

Then with the return portion, Berney Arms to Great Yarmouth, then onto Norwich via Acle?

I would be BOJ at Great Yarmouth however a ticket to Berney Arms from Norwich is cheaper than to Great Yarmouth. If I were to be getting a train back which called at BYA, I would use the remainder of the Outward portion, then the Return portion, as a direct train. My actual journey would be Norwich to Great Yarmouth.

I believe this is permitted as it is less than 3 miles more?

TP

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor

TP

From Table 15:

Norwich to Great Yarmouth via Acle 18.25m
Great Yarmouth to Berney Arms 4.5m
Total 22.75m

Norwich to Berney Arms via Reedham 16m

So, no it is not valid. Sorry.

S

spasmj

Norwich [NRW] to Berney Arms [BYA]:

Shortest Route According to eNRT: 16 miles
  • Norwich
  • Brundall Gardens
  • Brundall
  • Buckenham (Norfolk)
  • Cantley
  • Reedham (Norfolk)
  • Berney Arms

Via Great Yarmouth [GYM] According to eNRT: 23 miles
  • Norwich
  • Brundall Gardens
  • Brundall
  • Lingwood
  • Acle
  • Great Yarmouth
  • Berney Arms

34D

Established Member
Hello All,

I haven't really the time to check this at the moment, however, could someone look this up?

If I were to get a Norwich [NRW] to Berney Arms [BYA] CDR, at £7.00 would this be valid on the below journey: :?:

Norwich to Great Yarmouth (via Acle) on the outward portion, thence onto Berney Arms.

Then with the return portion, Berney Arms to Great Yarmouth, then onto Norwich via Acle?

I would be BOJ at Great Yarmouth however a ticket to Berney Arms from Norwich is cheaper than to Great Yarmouth. If I were to be getting a train back which called at BYA, I would use the remainder of the Outward portion, then the Return portion, as a direct train. My actual journey would be Norwich to Great Yarmouth.

TP

Others have answered your question. However, noting the easement below, there may be some other combination that saves you money?

Easement 1 Journeys from stations on the Great Yarmouth-Norwich line via Acle to stations on the Norwich-Lowestoft line may go via Norwich. This easement applies in both directions.

What does Acle to Reedham CDR cost? This would of course not quite cover a return Norwich-Great Yarmouth journey, so may be of limited use.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Cheers all, I honestly didn't think it was that far of a divert! Shows how often I travel that route!

Never mind :roll:

TP

Status
Not open for further replies.