• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Norwich to Bexhill via various... do you work in a Ticket Office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hi All,

I've created this thread mainly to ask a favour from somebody who has access to a Ticket Issuing System in a ticket office, I wish to force a journey on an Advance ticket routed ✠AP Greater Anglia and Connections via a number of points and I can't get an online site to do it.

Can somebody try to set up the following in Journey Planner for me please to then see if it offers the OS1 tier of tickets? (£21.20 without railcard, £14.00 with.)

Saturday 6th February
Norwich to Bexhill
  • 08:40 Norwich to Cambridge 09:59 Greater Anglia
  • 10:21 Cambridge to Tottenham Hale 11:30 Greater Anglia
  • (Victoria Line to KXSP)
  • 12:37 St Pancras Int'l to Ashford Int'l 13:14 Southeastern
  • 13:33 Ashford Int'l to Bexhill 14:23 Southern
If I were to work it out correctly, you'd have to set it up like so:
Via: CBG, TOT and AFK.
Deselect TOC: East Midlands Trains (to avoid 08:57 NRW-ELY)

Could you please check to see if that would be possible please?

Obviously the system would usually expect me to travel via Kings Cross on GTR which I wish to avoid on this occasion despite the added tube journey :smile:

Cheers,

TP

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

furlong

Established Member
Can somebody try to set up the following in Journey Planner for me please to then see if it offers the OS1 tier of tickets? (£21.20 without railcard, £14.00 with.)

Looks fine here:

raileasy.trainsplit.com

Advanced
Must stop at: Whittlesford Parkway
Allow slow trains

21.20 advance

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Looks fine here:

raileasy.trainsplit.com

Advanced
Must stop at: Whittlesford Parkway
Allow slow trains

21.20 advance

That's one site I hadn't tried... nor a location. Thanks! I'd be interested to see the set up for Ticket Offices though as I intend to book it using a Rail Travel Voucher.

Cheers.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
I can get an itinerary pretty close to this on http://tickets.northernrail.org/ by putting a via point of Shelford (the 1021 is the only train from Cambridge to London around that time that calls there), and ticking "Additional Options" at the bottom and specifying not to travel on EMT - see attached.

I think the bit you're going to have trouble with is taking the 1237 from St Pancras rather than the 1212, which is the first available connection. The two trains have identical calling patterns so it's very hard to distinguish between them.

Edit: I'm too slow; well done furlong; I got close to it on TrainSplit but didn't think of trying the slower trains option. Now I know what it's for!

Attachments

• nrw-bex.png
    nrw-bex.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.