• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Norwich train station Platform Staff jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGray

Hi all,

Just wondering, I'm looking to send in a letter of interest to be held for consideration if any platform staff jobs pop up. However, I'm not sure who I would address this too at the station?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OnlyM

Hi all,

Just wondering, I'm looking to send in a letter of interest to be held for consideration if any platform staff jobs pop up. However, I'm not sure who I would address this too at the station?

The days of sending a letter of interest are over i am afraid.
Your best chance is to keep looking on the toc's website for vacancies or sign up to alerts. Everything is done through vacancies now.

amateur

On Moderation
The days of sending a letter of interest are over i am afraid.
Your best chance is to keep looking on the toc's website for vacancies or sign up to alerts. Everything is done through vacancies now.

ditto. tap on the back shoulder!

dk1

Veteran Member
These days they tend to be through work experience or you know someone who can get you a part time/summer job. Other than that they go to restricted staff or Traincrews that have messed up.

theironroad

Established Member
Hi all,

As others have said, most of this is done via online vacancies now....but i don't see any harm in sending a speculative application in.

If it was me I'd probably send one to the 'station manager' Norwich station + address and also one to the 'head of recruitment' at Greater Anglia all with better punctuation than mine.

MrGray

Well I think I will definitely send out a few just to be safe. I know it's all mostly done online but sometimes it might be best to stand out a little. Who knows, maybe they have a shortage of one type of staff that they need filling every now and again just to cover. I don't think it can hurt.

Apparently they only really recruit platform staff internally (as per a PM sent to me) but I've seen a few young people working the platform so I hold out hope at least!

Although, trying to find a job in this economy seems to be far trickier!

amateur

On Moderation
I've seen people who have worked at a train station coffee shop or other station shops; who have then gone on to work on platforms.

May be one way of getting yourself noticed.

Last edited:

Z12XE

Maybe initially enquire if they need any causal/seasonal/events staff in the meantime.

GA do employ such people (engineering works customer service staff as example) and a lot of proper jobs have then been filled with those type people (it gives the company a chance to trial people without having to commit to anything more than a temporary zero hours contact initially.

MrGray

Maybe initially enquire if they need any causal/seasonal/events staff in the meantime.

GA do employ such people (engineering works customer service staff as example) and a lot of proper jobs have then been filled with those type people (it gives the company a chance to trial people without having to commit to anything more than a temporary zero hours contact initially.

That's sort of what I'm hoping for. Just need extra cash is all!

Even area relief might be a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.