• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottingham Rail trip 15th March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex62319

Hello,
I am planning to make a visit to Nottingham for some rail spotting on the 15th March and I was wondering which platform is the best to stand on. I will be arriving there by train from Leicester (preferably on 1D13 as that is a HST) at around 1000 and returning back at around 1400.

Kind regards,
Alex62319

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'm working on approximate memory here, so I may be slightly wrong. I think the eastern end will get you the stuff on depot, and the stuff in the eastern bay and Northern services. I recall some EMT stuff terminates at the west end of platform 1, a fair trek from platform 5 (which Northern use a lot), so there's not really one good spot and some trekking down the platforms will be required. Especially so if XC 170s terminate in platform 7 from the west, also a bit of a trek from platform 5.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Hello,
I am planning to make a visit to Nottingham for some rail spotting on the 15th March and I was wondering which platform is the best to stand on. I will be arriving there by train from Leicester (preferably on 1D13 as that is a HST) at around 1000 and returning back at around 1400.

Kind regards,
Alex62319

The xx43 from Leicester and xx45 from Nottingham are HSTs (NL core fleet /0s)
Addtionally the 1130 from Leicester to Nottingham, and 1945 Nottingham to Leicester are also HSTs (weekdays only, ex GC powercars /4s)

I'd go for platform 3 or 5 at Nottingham

Spike Bank

Worth bearing in mind that the full length through platforms (1/3/6/7) sometimes hold up to three sets at the same time, so yes, you'll need to keep moving about to catch everything...

Alex62319

Due to personal issues I have pushed the date back to the 18th March instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.