• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Now it's Austria Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

A couple of weeks ago I went to one of the most beautiful places on the planet - Austria. I meant to post these the other week but my broadband's been playing silly buggers.

Old electric loco at Saalfelden Depot. Not a good picture - it was about 80 metres away.

Z1.jpg

Poster of an Austrian driver lovingly rubbing the window on his new 'Talent' unit. Can't see any of our drivers doing the same to a Disastro

z3.jpg

Stopping services operated by massive locos pushing 4 or 5 coaches with a DVT. What a dream - imagine that here !

z4.jpg

Old & the new at Saalfelden

z8.jpg

Talent unit leaving Zell-am-See. Note the massive cantenary masts.

z5.jpg

Interesting old loco near Bischopshofen station

z7.jpg

DVT at front of train at Bad Ischl

z9.jpg

Older style loco on the back

z10.jpg

Steam engine at Mayerhofen

z11.jpg

Taken from the middle of a 14 coach train. I needed a filter for the sky really.

z12.jpg

Older style unit I caught back from Jenbach

z13.jpg

Luxurious inside. 2 + 1 Std !!! seating

z14.jpg

Perfect air - conditioning. Half drop windows.

z15.jpg

Funny little Pway loco with some sort of hydraulic arm on the front. Pulled by one of the big Taurus locos. When they leave it sounds a bit like Doh, Ray, Me, So etc as the electronic camshafts wind up.

z16.jpg

But I didn't go for trainspotting. I went for mountainspotting and there're plenty of them.

z17.jpg

Falconry show at Hohenwerfen Castle where ' Where Eagles Dare ' was filmed. (Got a thing about girls in uniform :) )

z19.jpg

Bit blurred but got the falcon in flight.

z20.jpg

Caution Marmots ! This is what they make Marmite out of.

z18.jpg

Snowdrift

z21.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nathan

Wow, looked like a good trip and with some very nice phots to top! How long did you go for?

Some of their steam locos never look exciting as ours, nearly always black.

Status
Not open for further replies.