• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Now Playing....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SJL2020

Neil Young - Chrome Dreams (2023*).

A studio album originally recorded 1975-1977 and meant for release in 1977, NY decided to go in a different direction and the album was never released until now (a couple of days ago).

All the songs subsequently appeared on other albums, some as late as 1989, but often as different versions compared to the originals.

It's a great album, now fully restored to the original.

Album artwork is by Ron Wood of the Stones.

On Moderation
New Order - 1963

The video is utterly bonkers, too, featuring the fabulous Jane Horrocks.

On Moderation
The original version was one of the greatest B-sides ever by New Order and fully deserved its A-side status when eventually re-released in 1994.
Totally agree. Think I first heard '1963' when it was on the 'Substance' compilation (and the B side to True Faith).

There's a lot of absolutely top New Order songs that never got released as singles: thinking of stuff like Age of Consent and Leave Me Alone for starters.

Galvanize

Totally agree. Think I first heard '1963' when it was on the 'Substance' compilation (and the B side to True Faith).

There's a lot of absolutely top New Order songs that never got released as singles: thinking of stuff like Age of Consent and Leave Me Alone for starters.
Sunrise (Low Life 1985) and Vanishing Point (Technique 1989) qualify very much in that category!!

The latter very nearly got released as a single, but New Order chose to release Fine Time instead.

On Moderation
Sunrise (Low Life 1985) and Vanishing Point (Technique 1989) qualify very much in that category!!

The latter very nearly got released as a single, but New Order chose to release Fine Time instead.
Technique is a fantastic album. Loved listening to that back in the day and still dip in to it occasionally.

12LDA28C

Established Member
Technique is a fantastic album. Loved listening to that back in the day and still dip in to it occasionally.

I believe Tony Wilson wasn't impressed at paying for the band to essentially get pissed and E-d up in the Ibiza clubs for a few months under the pretext of recording the album...

On Moderation
I believe Tony Wilson wasn't impressed at paying for the band to essentially get pissed and E-d up in the Ibiza clubs for a few months under the pretext of recording the album...
Tony Wilson (God rest his soul) would only have spent it on something else anyway! He couldn't complain that much as the Happy Mondays and New Order were by far Factory's biggest earners.

On Moderation
Inspiral Carpets - Dragging Me Down

Love Clint Boon's Farfisa organ playing on this.

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Vice Versa - Electrogenesis.
A compilation of much of that band’s output. They then transformed into ABC and had worldwide success with a totally different sound.
My favourite track.

Last edited:

nlogax

Established Member

Can't believe I missed the Technique chat here! Still my favourite album by far, maybe by anyone let alone just NO. I even have a gigantic canvas of the album cover hanging on a wall here at home.

Meanwhile,

Radio Slave ft Cagedbaby - Amnesia

dgl

Established Member

Susanne Sundfør - Mountaineers (Live from the Barbican)