• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

now you see it now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_novell

I went to Finchley and frognal and asked to print out a oyster usage statement. It shows 2x Tram £1.45 entries for exactly the same time. I was told to call oyster and they said they couldn't see the entries and therefore could not do anything. Two days later I went to east croydon station and printed out another oyster usage statement and of course it now shows only 1 entry. Its hard to tell from the oyster usage the running balance but from what I have calculated there is nothing being added. Does anyone know why this would occur?

Dr

Attachments

• tfl-oyster post.jpg
    tfl-oyster post.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 127
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PermitToTravel

Established Member
Whatever you were charged for the tram journey on the 11th, be it £1.45 or £2.90, has not changed between the two receipts being issued. I would guess that you were charged correctly in the first place, but without knowing your balance at any point before then it's impossible to know

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Not seen that before, but the card printouts are notoriously difficult to make sense of. It is possible that you recorded a double entry which has been removed subsequently. You won't have been charged twice though, tram readers are set to not charge again within 70 minutes. Your best bet in future is to set up an online account and view the journey history on there.

dr_novell

Update on this issue - A letter was sent to TFL by registered post. Heard nothing back from TFL so contacted London Travel Watch. TFL were only going to offer the £1:45. Eventually they have offered £10 which was accepted.

They didn't offer any explanation as to why it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.