• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Powerhouse Rail (NPR) - Latest plans & speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off-topic, but could a small guide rail be positioned above each canopy with a cheap remotely operated camera able to run along and underneath it which would move from end to end of the canopy. This could allow inspection without making a line closure necessary, which I assume would be very costly.

I’m sure there’s solutions to each of the individual problems, but overall, there is a huge cost in building, maintaining and running/keeping safe, clean etc a station which has any kind of building, canopy, toilets and so on. I expect in many cases, including this one, there was either money for one big new station or the new small one and improvements to many others.
Either way a new topic is needed if this is to be discussed more.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Is this part of Bradford councils cunning plan to have more unconnected stations in Bradford than Pontefract?
Two of Ponte-Carlo's stations are actually connected, so they've already stolen a march on Bradford!

The geography of Bradford (with the city centre being at the base of a 'bowl') will always be an issue to building a new railway through the centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.