• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NR "Application Under Consideration"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swager0121

Hey all, around 2 weeks ago i went for an interview with NWR for a track op.
Smashed the interview and was offered the job by the depot manager through phone.
My application now says
Application Under Consideration

What does this mean? Am I still going to get the job? A bit confused.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Samzino

Depends on what the status of application was prior to "Application Under Consideration", how many days have elapsed between interview and you posting the above, if you got any start date details whether exact or roughly and ideally they'd mention when you could expect an email or formal letters ideally confirming what was said on the phone and possible medical dates.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
I wouldn't look too much into it - was it previously "Application under Consideration", change to something other status and then change back? HR teams on the railway can be quite under-resourced and/or slow to update systems, so if you've been verbally offered the job, they might still be working through it.

Seek clarity from the depot manager or recruitment - the manager might be as frustrated/confused as you are!

The Planner

Veteran Member
Often depends on when the hiring manager goes into the system and updates the status. HR don't tend to do it.

Tevion539

I started on the railway nearly a year ago and when keeping an eye out for jobs to invite friends to apply for, my application is still "talent pool 12 months" so I wouldn't read too far into it.

Worldwide

Hey all, around 2 weeks ago i went for an interview with NWR for a track op.
Smashed the interview and was offered the job by the depot manager through phone.
My application now says
Application Under Consideration

What does this mean? Am I still going to get the job? A bit confused.
I’d hold tight that can’t send any offers out at the moment as there’s an issue with medicals for new starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.