• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NR Signaller medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

NX

Could someone has recently undertaken the Network Rail Signaller medial please advice what form it takes please.

I under stand it a fairly basic, standard medial - ears, eyes, drug test.

I've been told there are two standards 1) being a trackside location requiring PTS standard health and medical fitness and a 2nd standard for non trackside locations like PSB/Panel/ROC locations where pretty much as long as your not blind, deaf or totally unfit you'll be okay.

Could some assist please, cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JS90

i had a network rail standard medical last week for a trackside operative position, it was all done in an office building 10 minutes from manchester piccadilly, they started with a blood pressure test with one of those inflateable bands around my arm, then did balance and co-ordination test i walked in a straight line, one foot in front of the other etc. and weighed me and took my height for BMI, vision test, testing my range of vision and a standard opticians eye test (reading out letters from a sheet on the wall)

for the hearing test i was sat in a closed booth with headphones on and held a button in one hand, they played various different beeps/bleeps through the headphones, getting quieter or louder and would need to press the button whenever a beep was heard.

after that they did the breathalyzer, and walked me to the toilet to provide a urine sample for the drugs test,

i would assume a signaller medical is pretty much the same thing.

Cagey

Hey Charles Pee, well done on getting the offer, whereabouts are you headed regarding the signaling position?

magillmagic

I had a Signaller Medical a couple of months ago and it was exactly as described by JS90 above

8d3

Where are medicals usually carried out? Are there a several locations nationally or is it quite likely that a medical would be carried out locally?

magillmagic

I live in Lincoln, my signal box is near Newark and my Medical was in Sheffield, so about an hour away from me.
I think there are a few locations nationally for the medical, as there are for training schools.

john.ump

How much notice did you get for your medical appointment? Is it a case of - this the date available, if you can't make it tough?

Cagey

Nice one magillmagic, I've just accepted for the West Midlands Signal Centre so awaiting a medical date now.

magillmagic

With me it was a case of receiving a phone call from the medical people to organise a suitable date for all. They were quite flexible.
I can't remember exactly as it was a few months ago, but I'm pretty I had the medical within a couple of weeks of being contacted

Status
Not open for further replies.