• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NR Track Recording unit, Sunderland Docks

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC123

Network Rails Track recording unit was inspecting the Sunderland south dock railway today. Apparently all the track down there has been renewed, creating a whole host of rumours. Any truth to the whispers of Nissan using the port?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Townsend Hook

Network Rails Track recording unit was inspecting the Sunderland south dock railway today. Apparently all the track down there has been renewed, creating a whole host of rumours. Any truth to the whispers of Nissan using the port?

The TRU was out on a regular cyclical run, it doesn’t necessarily signify any change of use to the line. However much traffic a line gets, if it’s open it still needs a visit from a track geometry train at least every six months.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
It was 2015 IIRC when it was all announced as fully sorted, and ready to go. Did anything ever start up?

DGH 1

I might be wrong, but personally i can't see Nissan wanting to send convoys of car transporters through the busy streets of Sunderland to get to the port, it would be too much of a hassle to say the least.

s'land

I might be wrong, but personally i can't see Nissan wanting to send convoys of car transporters through the busy streets of Sunderland to get to the port, it would be too much of a hassle to say the least.
The council are building a dual carriageway from Nissan/Iamp (SSTC) all the way down to the Port of Sunderland.

However cars are not planned on being imported/exported there but raw materials might, the real reason is to support the Iamp development which is intended for advanced manufacturing, which would include anything from Nissan suppliers to renewable offshore work.

Any additional Nissan work will just be a bonus.

Mcq

Is that lamp as in incandescent or led - or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.