• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

nTrain Friends & Family Addon

Status
Not open for further replies.

centraltrains

Looking to travel to Birmingham International with a family member.

With an nTrain Zones 1-4 season ticket an additional ticket from Marston Green to Birmingham International would be valid on the non-stopping trains.

Would I be right in thinking in order to travel with someone else on a non-stopping train (using the F&F offer https://www.westmidlandsrailway.co.uk/tickets-discounts/discounts/friends-family-travel-£1), I'd have to do the follow purchase combination:

TfWM Zone 4 Station - Birmingham New Street nTrain Friends & Family (for fellow traveller)
Birmingham New Street - Birmingham International Return (for fellow traveller)
Marston Green - Birmingham International Return (for me)

I'm assuming I can't get two Marston Green - Birmingham International tickets & go on the non-stopping trains? :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
A Zone 4 south Snow Hill lines TfWM station I don't precisely want to state for privacy.
In which case you could try being a bit clearer about your requirements, perhaps by telling us about whatever ticket you already possess, and an indication of what the journey is. We don't know where your going to Birmingham International from and this isn't meant to be a quiz and it isn't clear to me, and probably many others, how Marston Green fits in.

centraltrains

In which case you could try being a bit clearer about your requirements, perhaps by telling us about whatever ticket you already possess, and an indication of what the journey is. We don't know where your going to Birmingham International from and this isn't meant to be a quiz and it isn't clear to me, and probably many others, how Marston Green fits in.
I said, I have an nTrain Zones 1-4 season ticket (annual). Marston Green is the last station in zone 4 before Birmingham International hence can be the extra ticket needed to get to Birmingham International.

My question is more arounds Conditions of Travel, I think the answer is probably no but just wanted to double check.

Unless Condition 14.1 applies, if you are using a Season Ticket, daily Zonal Ticket, or another area based Ticket such as a concessionary pass, ranger, or rover, in conjunction with another Ticket and the last station at which one Ticket is valid and the first station that the other Ticket is valid are the same, then the train does not need to Call at that station for your combination to be valid.

Would the Friends & Family ticket be covered by this being it must be issued in conjunction with a season ticket?

dvboy

Established Member
The way I'm reading it, either your train would need to stop at Marston Green, or you need to buy your fellow traveller a ticket from a station that the train stops at.

If the journey is after 18:30, the evening day return would be cheaper for you both.

MrJeeves

Established Member
The way I'm reading it, either your train would need to stop at Marston Green, or you need to buy your fellow traveller a ticket from a station that the train stops at.
The promotion isn't really clear.

I agree if the £1 ticket is issued from a covered season ticket station to a covered season ticket station rather than being a zonal ticket.

If the £1 ticket is just valid from Zone X to Zone Y return, then it's a different matter and the zonal non-stop rule would apply.

Alex365Dash

I agree if the £1 ticket is issued from a covered season ticket station to a covered season ticket station rather than being a zonal ticket.
A F&F return is issued between two named stations (i.e. Shirley - Marston Green) as a day return.

I doubt it’d count for Condition 14.2 either way?

centraltrains

I doubt it’d count for Condition 14.2 either way?

Thank you very much for the replies, thought as such - probably more wishful thinking on my behalf but glad to have checked!

Status
Not open for further replies.