• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nuneaton to Derby on Thursday, 4th April 2024.

sn5775

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip between Nuneaton and Derby, returning the same day on Thursday, 4th April 2024. I have a few questions.

What route/s are valid between Nuneaton and Derby. Is it just via Leicester?

How likely am I to be affected by the planned industrial action? I appriciate that the main action starts on Friday, but will the overtime ban affect me?

What rolling stock can I expect to travel on?

Thank you in advance.

Steve.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Both Leicester and Tamworth are valid routes.

17x, 22x (Meridian on EMR Leicester-Derby, possibly Voyager on XC) and a 350 on the WCML.

Overtime - check the journey planner the night before and on the day, but there are plenty of trains on each leg (other than Nuneaton-Tamworth which is hourly so there is something to be said for starting that way).

Spaceship323

Too late for tomorrow but this is what I did last Saturday...if you get a return ticket to Leicester on XC, and an ADVANCE FIRST CLASS return Leicester - Derby, it's only £6 more than standard and you'll get that back in free sandwiches, croissant, coffee, juice and biscuits (in both directions) ;)